The “European Packaging, Assembly and Test Pilot for Manufacturing of Advanced System-in-Package” EuroPAT-MASIP project will reinforce the European semiconductor manufacturing position through focused actions in the semiconductor and MEMS packaging ecosystem.
Reinforcing the European semiconductor manufacturing position is reached through the following strategic objectives of EuroPAT-MASIP:
1. Consolidating and extending the leadership in semiconductor processing know-how, by developing and fostering packaging related technological and manufacturing building blocks, serving all the relevant industrial sectors:
- Modelling, design and simulation of packaging related key features and challenges
- The key packaging technologies, equipment and materials
- Heterogeneous (3D) integration of the smart system building blocks (More than More, MtM) and System in Package (SIP)
- Test strategy including metrology, methods and equipment, reliability and failure analysis
2. Accelerating the manufacturing uptake of the new technologies and shortening time-to-market by demonstrating the new capabilities in industrial need-based Application Pilots
- The Application Pilots are based on industrial partner’s needs and thus industry-compatible, even though utilizing manufacturing science.
3. Increasing the competitiveness and global market share of the European semiconductor industry by fostering the competences and capabilities of European semiconductor packaging;
- Facilitating collaboration within the European semiconductor and MEMS packaging ecosystem to assure an active co-creation network after the project, and to increase the competitiveness via shortened time-to-market.
- Promoting the capabilities and the related ecosystem, feeding also to attract talent and to academic education.
- Increasing the attractiveness for private investments and talent by developing and promoting the key capabilities to match the future needs of European industries and emerging technology drivers.