Free Webinar on Thursday 28.6.2018 at 14-17.30 CET: EuroPAT-MASIP ECSEL JU project news – Recent advantages in electronics packaging and related technologies
The webinar summarizes the recent results of the EuroPAT-MASIP ECSEL-JU project, providing a view on industrial FO-WPL based application pilots and packaging related technology developments. The short presentations introduce the topics and highlight the key findings.
EuroPAT-MASIP ECSEL-JU project strives to increase the competitiveness and the global market share of the European semiconductor industry by fostering the competence and capabilities of semiconductor packaging. The three-year project with 30 M€ total budgets is coordinated by Amkor technologies’ Steffen Kröhnert. The 28 partners from nine European countries cover the semiconductor packaging, assembly and test value chain all the way from foundry, packaging, component tests to system tests till the end user. www.europat-masip.eu.
Focusing on fan-out wafer level packaging (FO-WLP), the project develops packages for six pilot products: WLAN front-end IC, silicon photomultiplier, automotive inertial sensor, next-generation WL camera, 60 GHz radar sensor and a car tyre sensor. In addition, the project develops a wide portfolio of technological building blocks for integration concepts. These include modelling and simulation, 3D MtM and SiP, packaging technologies, materials as well as test strategy and methods. The new equipment include e.g. plasma dicing technology.
The Webinar highlights the key results achieved during the first 12 months of the project:
- Peter Iskra, KETEK: Application pilot silicon photomultiplier
- Heikki Kuisma, Murata: Application pilot automotive combined inertial sensor in FO-WLP packaging technology
- Gerry Conway, Valeo: Application pilot next-generation WL camera
- Thilo Lenhard, InnoSenT: Application pilot 60 GHz radar sensor
- Wojciech Debski, Silicon Radar: 60GHz SiGe BiCMOS MIMO Chip for High-Resolution Radar Sensor
- Sebastiaan Kersjes, BESI NL: Backend Building Block Development
- Steffen Kröhnert, Amkor Technology: Packaging Technology, System Integration and Manufacturability
- Jonas Sing-Pervaiz, RoodMicrotech: Metrology, Characterization, Test Strategy, Reliability and Failure Analysis
- Ghanshyam Gadhiya, FhG: Automatic Virtual Prototyping of FOWLP in EuroPAT-MASIP
- Christopher Johnston, Advanced Vacuum: Defect-Free Dicing for Higher Device Reliability
Kindly register to the Webinar using this REGISTRATION LINK. The registrees will be contacted by email for joining instructions.